Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Cash Money

I've recently discovered the neatness of Craigslist. Am I behind the times? John has grown out of a few things, and I got sick of them taking up space in my little house so I listed them a couple weeks ago. Two of the biggest items, a co-sleeper and his jumperoo, were out of my house by last Friday. Cash in my pocket...just like that! The co-sleeper went to a really cute, VW driving couple expecting a little girl soon. Being the stalker I am, I looked her up on FaceBook and discovered they were bible-bangers. Not that there's anything wrong with that. I'm just glad I didn't say something like, "Fuck - It's hard to get this god damn thing all folded up!" or "God dammit! I just pinched my finger!". I actually didn't even utter a censored version of the above since I was trying to make a sale and, well, you know. I'm sure my struggling with it was evidence enough that the damn thing is hard to get all folded up and put back in the bag. I have not FB stalked the woman who bought the jumperoo. I just don't want to know and now I'm uncomfortable for doing it in the first place. FaceBook has made life sort of weird. I wonder if they stalked me...

There's something about the Bumbo seat, though. I've had three different inquiries and they all flake out. The first hit was a woman who wanted to come pick it up that day. She left me her phone number and I both called her and responded to her email. Never heard from her again. Same thing with the second woman. Said she really wanted it and was wondering when she could come pick it up. Left her a message and never heard back. The last woman asked if it was still available and I promptly responded. She then came back and said she was in contact with another woman who was selling it for the same price as me ($25 - half the retail price) and asked if I'd take $20. I replied no because it was hardly used and like new (John only used it for a few weeks before he figured out how to wiggle out of it). Now, I don't blame her for haggling - in fact, the jumperoo woman knocked me down $10. But when she replied, "Your loss.", I was like, really? Do you have to be a snot about it?

Henry and I promptly blew the jumperoo profits at the movie theater.

1 comment:

  1. When I sold my dining set on CL, this lady came and sat in every chair, rocked everything, turned it over, tried to haggle (sorry, $75 for a round table and 4 chairs of oak which was orig $199, not going down) and then said she was a def. and would come next day with brother who had a truck. Never heard from her. three other people flaked out before college boy gave it a good home and he never even gave it a second glance. In fact he said "Do you have change for $80? If not you can keep the extra $5." CL lurve!

    ReplyDelete