Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Heaven forbid...

The conversation with my 27 year old brother this morning:

Him: "Sorry - did I wake you up?"
Me: "Mmmm...yeah" 
Him: "You can call me back when you can talk."
Me: "No.  That's ok.  I need to wake up."
Him: "Ok.  Um, why is mom on Facebook?  Did you put her up to it?"
Me: "Oh my god.  Why?  Don't you want her on there?  She was going to do it anyway."
Him: "Not really.  I thought she was kidding."
Me: "Then don't be her friend.  It's not like you have anything to hide.  Besides, she's bored.  She'll have fun with it."
Him: "I suppose."

Now I'm curious.  Why do you suppose my brother the financial planner who lives in a small town with his wife and 4 children would be up in arms about our retired (and bored stiff) mother who lives 4 hours away from him being on Facebook?  He's never posted anything that someone wouldn't want their mother to see.  This way, she can keep up with what her grandbabies are doing without having to call or drive 2 to 4 hours to see them.  Ohhhhh, wait.  Maybe it's the controlling wife that doesn't want her mother-in-law to see what they are up to.  Like how she bailed out on Thanksgiving using the excuse that her parents were going to be alone (which was bull shit because her brother was going to be there), but really it was just so she could go shopping with her friend the next morning.  Never mind that I was days away from my due date, lost my plug, was having lots of contractions and couldn't commit to driving 2 hours to eat turkey...which would mean that MY parents would be alone.  

My brother and his wife are the only two that haven't accepted her as a friend.  Nice. 

No comments:

Post a Comment