Monday, September 21, 2009

"Forever In Blue Jeans" - my least favorite Neil Diamond song and the one I remember most from 3rd grade.

OMG I have to dress up for work two days in a row this week! Ok, so the company I work for is strange. Most investment firms are business casual at the least...not us. In the summer, shorts and t-shirts. Cooler weather, jeans and t-shirts. I could wear a different Wilco shirt every day of the week and have, many times. Partly because I'm trying to get a rise out of my boss, but mostly because I'm obsessed with Wilco and really like wearing jeans and t-shirts.

I am actually going offsite to a meeting tomorrow and we have clients coming into the office on Wednesday, thus, I have to look like I work for a mutual fund instead of a college student that crawled out of bed just in time for a quick shower before class.

And I'm not very good at it. In fact, I had to go shopping tonight. I'm down nearly 30lbs from my pre-pregnancy after having Johnny and have managed to keep it off. None of the clothes I had from my previous job fit anymore and wound up at Goodwill. I have one business casual outfit, one suit from 10 years ago that I can't quite get back into yet and one little black dress that isn't something I'd wear to work.

I picked up a pair of black slacks with a subtle bluish gray herringbone pattern and a cool waist and a platinum gray blouse that I'll tuck in. I actually had to use an iron tonight. Didn't know if it even worked if you weren't using it for an DIY iron-on shirt for The Boy. Shockingly, it did. Mother would be so proud.

Oh, and the little blue dress? Looked like crap on me. Sort of like a mu-mu. I looked like I was 11 months pregnant. And it was so cute on the hanger!

No comments:

Post a Comment